Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Just For You - Fusion #16

I'm playing along again in the Fusion Card Challenge this week. For this challenge I decided to go with the photo inspiration. I tried to incorporate the soft focus background of the image into my mottled, watercolor background and the soft, translucency of the mason jar in both the sheer ribbon and vellum. The various shades of greens and pinks in the image also stand out so I decided using a floral image would be a good way to capture that in my card too.





Two great things about sheer ribbon are that it doesn't totally obscure what's behind it (which in this case means you see the entire focal image) and that it is soft enough to be tucked into an envelope and be flat enough to mail.

Of all the challenges I've been joining in on this year I think the Fusion is my favorite. The option of using an inspiration photo and/or a sketch leaves lots of room for creativity and inspiration and I like that winners are chosen by their peers.

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Natural Beauty, Afterthoughst (Stampin Up)
INKS: Steel Blue (My Favorite Things)
PAPER: Fabriano Artistico Watercolor Paper, UV Ultra II Translucent Vellum 36lb Cover (Neenah), Recollections Solid (Michael's)
DIES: Rounded Banner Stax (MFT)
COLORING MEDIUM: Spectrum Noir Markers (FS3, FS6, PP1, PP2, PP4, PP5, LG3, CG4)
OTHER: Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Sheer Ribbon


4 comments:

Tami B. said...

Very pretty!

Lynn said...

Paula, This is stunning. Your coloring is amazing and your right...the sheer ribbon is amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Geri said...

This is lovely, Paula! The colors are perfect and I really love the softness of the design! THanks for the sweet words about the challenge...and I know what you mean...as a player, I loved having both inspirations to choose from or combine...and the voting keeps it fun, too! Always great to have your lovely creations at FUSION!!!

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Paula - LOVE your bow!
So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...