Saturday, May 11, 2013

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Pretty Little Petits Fours

In some of my recent posts I've talked about my 'new approach' to card making. I'm making one-of-a-kind cards (no more multiples) and making it not only about the results but about the process... taking the time to enjoy the trial and error that creating involves. There's a dirty little secret that any honest professional designer will admit, even after many years of designing and formal training it's still a process and while you get much better at knowing what will or won't work without having to physically try it sometimes you make a mess and yes sometimes you even start over completely.

One of my goals if my 'new approach' is to participate in more of the myriad of wonderful creative challenges all over the internet. I check out many of these on a regular basis and one of my favorites is the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger. When this challenge was extended I took it as a sign that this card that had been gestating in my head for a couple weeks was meant to be born. :)



 Pretty Little Petits Fours
This card is a 5" Square and does not meet the guidelines for OWH, but I wanted to not only echo the pink flowers and wood grain in the photo I wanted to incorporate the square shape of the petit fours themselves so I decided to let my muse dictate the design and I'll be using this as a personal card.


Die Cut Flowers -Silhouette Store • Wood Grain Embossing Folder - Paper Studio
Sentiment - Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings • Ink from My Favorite Things (Kraft)

I'm still trying to figure out how to organize my crafting time on the weekend in a way that will let me join in on more challenges. It will definitely take some planning ahead but I think it will be well worth the effort and creatively fulfilling too.

Happy Crafting!
signature

18 comments:

Velda said...

Paula, this is a lovely card. I've always designed my own cards. If I don't like the result, I make another card trying to improve what I didn't like about the first card. The Boot Camp is helping me to understand why some designs work and others don't.

Erika said...

Those pretty pink flowers are so delicate and makes this a nice clean and simple design. I'm glad you changed up your design ethic - your cards are always an inspiration. Keep it up!

RobinH said...

pretty card! love the woodgrain embossing
if I make a square card I will make it 4.5 x 4.5 then it will fit into an A2 rectangular card for mailing

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your take on the Tuesday Trigger - the horizontal lines are terrific!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very very pretty, Paula!

JoAnn said...

This is so pretty. Love the row of flowers and the woodgrain embossing.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Paula! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun!

Jennifer said...

Paula, this is so pretty! I love the different tones of pink you used in your flowers ad that woodgrain on white is the perfect touch! (I am a new visitor o your blog and am so happy to have found it! I have thoroughly enjoyed browsing through your lovely creations and am floored by the amazing work you do with OWH… how did I not know about this?!?!?). Happy to be your newest follower! :)

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful!!! Love it! Congrats on the TT shout out!

Lin said...

I love your card, Paula - congrats on the Trigger win at MFW!

donna mikasa said...

I love the partial embossing of the woodgrain pattern. Congrats on your deserving Trigger win!

Petti said...

Congrats on winning the Tuesday Trigger. Your cards are pretty!

Unknown said...

beautiful! congrats on your TT win!

Barbara said...

Beautiful Card! A personal friend will love this for sure. Congratulations on the TT win!!

maria f. said...

Love all the white space - congrats on your TT.

Paru Mahtani said...

Very pretty! Congrats on a well deserved win at Moxie Fab!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the Moxie fab win!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Very pretty your card - congrats on your TT win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...