Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Little Romance

I'm joining in on the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger this week. This week's trigger is such a soft, pretty image. A Little Romance describes it so well, doesn't it? I decide that I'd work to create  card that incorporated all the elements... the ivory lace and soft, blue-green and sepia tones in the photo. 

Though I didn't have any lace in my ribbon stash (yes it surprised me too, lol) I was able to capture the feel of lace by using a delicate edge punch. The sheer, crepe ribbon and the tiny pearls add a bit of sheen and echo the pearl buttons and sheer sleeves of the blouse. I would have liked the blue-green lace print paper to have been just a bit softer in color and in retrospect it occurs to me that I could have perhaps used a layer of vellum in this design to make everything even softer, but all-in-all I'm happy with it.

The Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger has become one of my favorite challenges. A new one is typically posted every Tuesday with a Sunday deadline so it works well in my typical 'weekends only' crafting schedule. If you enjoy photo inspiration challenges I encourage you to check it out.

Happy Crafting!

signature




SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Sentiment by Stampin Up - Retired
PAPER: Stampin Up
INKS: Kraft  (My Favorite Things), Creamy Brown Chalk (Colorbox)
DIES: Layered Rose, Decorative Doily Duo (MFT), Quilted Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Petiote Scalloped Oval (Spellbinders)
COLORING MEDIUM: Prismacolor Markers (floer edges)
OTHER: Crepe Ribbon (PaperWishes), Seed Pearls (Darice)
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

19 comments:

Penny Ward said...

Paula, You are killing me...your take on the lace collar dress is just gorgeous!!!! I live near the MFT shop and now I have another list of items I "need". I really don't think you could have made this card anymore beautiful.

TK said...

What a great color palette, and the sheer ribbon and pearls just add a wonderful touch of romance. I think I'll try this color combo. I think you've really captured the feel of the picture too. Lovely.

Ang said...

Just lovely the blue paper is perfect for giving the lace feel. Love the background paper.
Ang

Lin said...

Oh swoon! This is so romantic - love your take on the Trigger!

Michele Kovack said...

So pretty! I love the flowers too!

Cheryl A. said...

Beautiful, so soft and romantic. Definitely a nice addition to your portfolio! TFS!

Judy1223 said...

Oh my goodness, this is just gorgeous! I love all the elements...the colors, the pearls, the border punch, the ribbon...all so lovely!

Karen Davis said...

Paula, your card is completely gorgeous. Every detail is perfect.

Nancy Penir said...

Such great use of elements to capture soft and delicate. Love the ribbon, and flowers, but the edge work is a stunner!

stampingandstitching said...

Paula, your card is so pretty and romantic looking and such a wonderful take on the Trigger photo! Big congratulations on your win!

Chris Dring said...

Wow!This is so gorgeous! You definitely captured the romance of the image! Well done!

Virginia L. said...

Beauitufl and romantic, Paula! Congrats on your well-deserved TT win! Love this card!

Leslie Hanna said...

Winner Winner, chicken dinner! Congratulations!

Barbara said...

This came so pretty! So soft and romantic . Congrats on the Tuesday Trigger Win!

lostinpaper said...

Sooo beautiful! Congrats on your well deserved win.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your TT win! What a beautiful card! Love those layered flowers with the pearls. Have a great week.

Trinh said...

This is beautiful! I love how you used the delicate edge punch in place of the lace. Congrats on the shout-out!

Lara said...

Love, love, love this card. The delicate colors. Beautiful!!

Karen L K said...

Wow what a beautiful card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...