Saturday, October 19, 2013

Apache Tears - Tuesday Trigger

Hello friends! The deadline for the current Tuesday Trigger over in the Moxie Fab World is fast approaching so I want to share this card before it passes. I tend to take my inspiration literally (perhaps too much so at times) but in this case it was almost impossible not to be inspired by both the brilliant, rich combination of colors and the the arrow/chevron pattern in the trigger image.


This is probably more ink colors than I've used on one card all year and it took a few tries to stamp the pattern one chevron at a time and alas it's still not perfect but I couldn't cope with another try. LOL  After trying quite a few shades of ink I wound up using, Orange Fizz, Berrylicious, Steel Blue and Razzle Berry from MFT. Canary Yellow Pigment ink from Color box and an old favorite from Stampin Up, Bravo Burgundy. The chevron stamp is from the Ikat Additions stamp set and the sentiment is from Modern Leaves, both by Avery Elle.

Despite the hot pink in this I think it could fall into the 'masculine' category and work for the guys. What do you think?

Happy Crafting!
signature


10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

What a gorgeous take on the TT, Paula! I thought about using the same stamp to create this pattern from the Trigger and didn't get around to it... your take is simply prefect!

Ang said...

Great card. I think your stamping looks fantastic!
Ang

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Paula! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Penny Ward said...

Definitely the winner! This card is so spot on for the Trigger inspiration! I agree, it could be a masculine card. Beautifully done.

Dixie Cochran said...

Oh, yes, this could be a masculine card! The gray was a perfect choice and compliments the colorful panel. Love it!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love this Paula, congrats on your Trigger win!! I really shines on your gray background too. Great choice!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the Trigger, Paula! Congrats on your deserving win!

Kara said...

Paula - excellent interpretation of the trigger. Congrats!

Mona Odegard said...

I love your chevron stamp! Such a great take on the inspiration trigger.

Nancy Penir said...

Yeah Paula, love this card, so masculine! Men can wear pink too! (Big stong men anyway!). Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...