Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Painterly Palette - Tuesday Trigger Challenge

I typically unpack my supplies and craft one weekend day each week. Occasionally I will have a chance to craft on both Saturday and Sunday.  My weeknight crafting is limited to coloring images and most often, on weeknights I'll spend time checking out blogs and challenges, deciding which ones I want to participate in and start to think about the cards I'll create for each. So when a new Tuesday Trigger photo is posted over on the Moxie Fab World blog on Tuesday I have 3-4 days to think about it. Interestingly enough while I always incorporate the elements that first strike me I most often end up with a design that is quite different then the first one I envision and this week was no exception.




Here's the Trigger image. Now I know this is paint but don't they practically look like candy and good enough to eat? Salt Water Taffy colors for sure! I actually managed to make this card almost exclusively from scraps in my scrap box. Some are patterned papers and on the solids I either  embossed them or did some stamping. I wanted them to be cohesive but to also have each be slightly different and unique from the others.


One little trick that I will share with you is that the golden-orange plaid is one I created by using a peach colored Prismacolor maker. I wanted to repeat the plaid pattern. I simply reached for a marker and with the broad point laid down a few wide strokes right on top of a scrap of the yellow plaid. Once it was completely dry (even slightly damp the paper is not going to cut cleanly) I punched my circle. Not only is this a great way to use up scraps, it allows you to really customize them to be exactly what you need. 

Happy Crafting!
signature



SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: In Bloom (Papertrey Ink), Sentiment (Hero Arts)
INKS: Blue Raspberry, Orange Fizz, Gumdrop Green (My Favorite Things) 
PAPER: My Scrapbox, White 80# Accent (Card Base)
PUNCH: 1" Circle Punch (EK Success)
OTHER: Square Lattice & Honeycomb Embossing Folders (Stampin Up)
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

20 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

turned out great - that tuesday trigger - has such great colors - like the hint for the plaid to match

Barb Housner

Carol L said...

I really like the combination of circles and hexagons with that pop of blue color! The circles really do look like candy - perfectly sweet!

Unknown said...

I like all the different patterns and textures and colors. As always you've made a wonderful card.

Michelle said...

This is very pretty! It's a great take on that inspiration photo. Very creative!

Cherie said...

I've never thought to use my Copics like that. I only think to use a stamp in a repeating pattern. Pretty card and thanks for the great idea!

Cherie said...

I've never thought to use my Copics like that. I only think to use a stamp in a repeating pattern. Pretty card and thanks for the great idea!

Penny Ward said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, amazing...you get the idea. What a great take on the trigger photo. I really like the idea of using all those scraps I can not part with and I am guessing you can't either.

Karen Davis said...

Love your use of patterned papers. A fresh take On the TT.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Paula! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Super smart and a great submission for this Trigger. It does look delicious.

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done, Paula! Congrats on the TT shout out!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your TT win with your great take on the Trigger! Love how you used the soft colors from the Trgger and added texture with embossing and pattern paper.

Bridget said...

Congrats on your win, Paula, love how you interpreted the challenge!! Fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

Congratulations on your Trigger win, Paula! This is simple perfection!

Taheerah said...

You combined so many patterns and so many colours perfectly!! Congrats on your win Paula!!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous card, Paula, love your interpretation of the TT! Congrats on the win! Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your well deserved win, Paula!

Carolynn said...

Just yummy!

Gayle Wheeler said...

Congrats, Paula ... again! Great take on the TT and bonus for using scraps to create such a great card. Loved the tip for creating your custom piece using a marker.

Cheryl A. said...

Fabulous scrappy card! I really love your marker technique, what a great way to extend the use of scraps! I definitely will keep this one in mind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...