Wednesday, May 5, 2010

OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #15

Here is the sketch for Challenge #15  submitted by Bev E. Thanks Bev!


I was able to spend some time creating cards this past weekend and since I had been working on Dad themed cards I decided I'd use it as basis for this design. I will confess that even though I have the sketch right there in front of me as I work I often find the end result has strayed just a bit by the time I'm done.
I was very excited to have found a pad of paper in the bargain bins at Michael's just last week. A short stack of maybe 36 sheets of fishing, hunting and camping patterns along with some coordinated die-cuts. Though I typically find it difficult to make use of die-cuts at $3.00 I figured I couldn't possibly go wrong. I embossed the fish in a navy and then used some watercolors, the type that glimmer (like H2Os, to add some depth and interest.


Happy Crafting Everyone!

signature

2 comments:

Karen Howard said...

This is awesome!!! Love the patterned paper and fish image you used, great job!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love what you did with the sketch challenge, wow! Oh, and I did sign up for the OWH blog hop, I can't wait!! See you there~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...