Monday, March 5, 2012

Creating & Playing Catch Up

It had been a very long time since I attempted Heat Embossing but last week's Stars & Stamps Tutorial convinced me to dig out my supplies and give it a go. I will admit it does take some effort and I tried several stamps before I got one I thought gave a pretty clear result. It's hard to see in this photo but the embossing is silver and coordinates with the silver metallic ribbon.


I also decided I didn't want to pass up a chance to play along in the Midweek Challenge to use a Digi Stamp. Since our generous sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps I couldn't resist using one of the cute images I have from them.


I also wanted to mention that while I don't often give detailed supply lists (most of what I use I have had for so many years I no longer can positively identify it, LOL) in the card above I used an item that is new me and a fun substitute for brads. They are called Candi and made in the UK but available online in quite a few places including Scrapbook.com. They come in a wide range of colors (the ones I have are sort of a holographic silver) and very reasonably priced too. They are basically, cardboard discs that can be easily attached with glue or small glue dots.

I'm off to make some more cards for the Mother's Day Half & Half Challenge box I have started.

Happy Crafting Everyone!
signature

3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

These are fabulous cards. TFS.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Paula, both of your cards are really terrific. I like the sailboat embossed and it looks great with the background paper. Your digi card is really cute - those Candi dots really shine. I may have to try those. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

SusanS said...

Hi Paula, your cards are great! I like nautical themed things, so the first card really caught my eye. I think your color choice are perfect. The embossing gives it extra class. Very nice masculine card. Your second card is adorable. I like the 'grass' paper and the 'Candi'; both elements make this an extra special card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...