Thursday, March 22, 2012

Faux Leather Tutorial

Like many, after seeing this week's tutorial I recalled doing this as a kid and creating pencil cups among other things. I couldn't resist giving it a try again all these years later. I used a brown chalk ink to color my masking tape base and found the ink dried well. I did leave it for almost two days before going back to it though, so if you are aiming to use it right away the clear embossing powder step makes the most sense.


I used the Cuttlebug Paisley Embossing folder for some added interest and thought the denim paper and belt buckle look would make it a good masculine design. This was fun to do. If you want to give it a try you can find the detailed instructions over at the OWH Stars & Stamps blog.


Happy Crafting  Everyone!
signature

7 comments:

Yvonne B. said...

This turned out very nicely, Paula. I'm mid-way through the process right now, with just my taped up piece of cardstock! Your card is an inspiration and I was interested to read about the Chalk ink and letting it rest for quite a long while to dry. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

You have inspired me to try this! TFS!!!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Paula - I really like how your card turned out. I'll have to try the Chalk ink -- I found my ink didn't dry on mine - maybe I was in too much of a rush and found the finish to be fragile even with heat embossing -- I'll have to try it again -- I really love the Paisley embossing too. Great job!

Sharon

Dixie Cochran said...

This looks great! The paisley folder was a good choice for this card's design. Beautiful!

SusanS said...

Paula - I love the western look of your card. The bandanna look that the paisely EF gave the faux leather piece is perfect!

Ann said...

Paula, this card turned out awesome!!!

Carol L said...

This looks like such an earthy card with the faux leather technique. I love the white stitching on "denim" and that buckle/ribbon slide looks amazing! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...