Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Romantic Rose - Blast from the Past

I have a big collection of stamps many of which are retired Stampin Up sets. I've whittled them down quite a bit in a recent reorganization. I often find myself torn because there are so many great companies today with so many varied styles to offer and sharing pieces made with current stamps means YOU can go out and get them if you see something you really like but on the other hand it seems to also make sense to keep a set, no matter how old, if it's one you love and still happily use. So I've decided to straddle the fence and buy some new stamps now and then, but to also make it a point to use my older sets too, which brings me to the card I have to share today... Stampin Up's Romantic Rose, a blast from the past!

Paper SU Print Poetry - MS Lattice Large Punch - SU Romantic Rose (Retired)

I've been in 'coloring mode' lately and have been making a conscious effort to step outside the realm of colors that I would normally use, so instead of a pale pink rose I went with a rich, deep peach color. The colors are not quite as vibrant as they appear in this photo but they are not pastel in the least either.

Happy Crafting!
signature

3 comments:

sherry varga said...

Gorgeous and I like your choice of colors.

byAnnette said...

Beautiful Card & Design!
Great stamp to keep!

Carol L said...

This is a stamp I'd never part with either if I owned it! I have a number of SU! sets I know I'll never part with too! The way you colored this rose looks beautiful, and I love the purple colors too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...