Thursday, June 13, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays 104 - Banners & Flags


Voting for the PaperCrafts Gallery Idol ends today at noon. Tomorrow the 10 winners whose cards got the most votes will be announced over at the PaperCrafts blog. Those designers will move on to Round 4.

While I wait to find out if I will playing in the next round I've decided I'd do a few of my favorite challenges so today I'm sharing the card I made for CAS-ual Fridays challenge104, to use banners and/or flags in a CAS design. 


Even as  professional graphic designer doing CAS designs can be a real challenge and each attempt almost always has me questioning my final results. In this design the blue chevron paper would be considered 'white space', there is a clear focal point and there is not a lot going on but I'm still not quite sure if it's minimalist enough for me. Working on CAS designs is definitely a great way to hone your skills at eliminating anything that's extraneous and challenging yourself is the best way to improve your work.

Happy Crafting!
signature

PRODUCTS USED: 
STAMPS: Birthday Sentiment Circle (Stampendous -Retired)
INK: Red Hot (My Favorite Things)
PAPER: Hootenanny & Summer Fun (My Minds Eye)
DIE/DIE-CUTS: Spellbinders Large Pinking Circles
OTHER:  Scalloped Edge Punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...