Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fusion Challenge - Hypothesis #11

I'm playing again this week in the Fusion Challenge. My first instinct was to go with a Fusion of the sketch and inspiration image but when I finally sat down to create my card I ultimately opted to go with the inspiration photo only. 
I liked the CAS design on the sketch and decided that I would try to keep my design CAS and masculine. I didn't have any deep, jewel toned plaids in my paper stash (well at least not any I could find) but thought these light plaids were a nice choice for summer.
Here's a photo of the inside of the card. I created a duplex stock by using light blue card stock firmly glued to a kraft. I don't do this often but thought it added a little bit of a surprise element to the design since you naturally expect a kraft color inside too.

I also made a coordinated plaid liner that you can see in the foreground for this A2 envelope. Again it's not something I would normally do for OWH cards but I like the extra finishing touch it gives.

If you haven't checked out the Fusion Challenge yet, go have a look. Voting takes place on Wednesday and a new challenge starts on Friday.

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: OWH Epic Love (Hero Arts)
INK: Sepia (Versafine)
PAPER: Classic Prints (KI Memories), Solids (Michael's Recollections)
OTHER: Button Die - Blueprints 1 (My Favorite Things), Kitchen Twine

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love the splashes of plaid on your crisp card! thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

Kim M said...

Great card, Paula. I love the CAS design. :-)

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous plaids Paula - love your oversized button too :)
So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

Anonymous said...

A lovely card. ;-) I like the plaid DP strips with that bold sentiment. Love that you added the blue on the inside - great touch! Thank you for joining our Fusion challenge this week. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...