Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Time for a Play Date

A Play Date Café challenge that is! I've visited and watched The Play Date Café challenge blog for a long time. It's a weekly color/photo inspiration challenge, which seem to be the ones It has all the makings a a great challenge blog... a fresh and interesting color combo every week, a very talented Design Team (DT) to supply plenty of inspiration, simple rules and loads of participants to also be inspired by. I'm glad to finally have a chance to jump in and play along.



As I've started to take part in challenge blogs this year I am also working on figuring out how I can best spend my limited crafting time. I have to say, that while I am always amazed to see people who can manage to make one card and yet link it up to a whole bunch of challenges, that's just not my style and it won't ever be. I think it becomes too stifling to try and create a design within a long list of parameters. Besides, as a professional graphic designer who has to do that on a regular basis, it would make crafting feel too much like work. That said I have been participating in the weekly sketch challenge by My Favorite Things (Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch Challenge) and think that it just might be one that I can combine with the Play Date challenges so I decided I'd try that this week.

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 
PAPER: Recollections (Michaels), Classics (Bazzill), Summer School (Fancy Pants)
INKS: Creamy Brown Chalk (Colorbox)
DIES: Postage Stamp Stax, Blueprints 1 (My Favorite Things)
OTHER:  Honeycomb EF (Stampin Up), Jute Twine
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

3 comments:

Donna B. said...

Very fun card! Love the circles! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Unknown said...

I worked, great card...I like those colors together, so fresh.

Lisa H. said...

darling card. love the papers, colors, and texture. Those stitched circles are great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...