Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Christmas at the Beach - Fusion #14

My card share today was created for the Fusion Challenge. The schedule recently switched to every two weeks which is great for me. Because I have limited crafting time, sometimes it's hard to come up with an idea and actually make the card itself. The extra week means I can ruminate over the challenge for a few days before sitting down and trying to create my vision.

This time I decided I would incorporate aspects of the photo with the sketch for a Fusion design. The first thing that came to mind when I looked at the photo was that it would be perfect decor for a beach house at Christmas.

Though it is difficult to perceive in the photo the stars are heat embossed in white and two shades of gold. The ribbon is reminiscent of seaweed, coral or a fishing net and the sequins remind me of water bubbles in the context of this inspiration photo. Though I don't think I would normally be inclined to combine ivory and white in the same design I decided to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I ended up liking them together with the various shades of gold.

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Seasonal Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
INKS: Versamark
PAPER: Recollections Solids (Michael's)
DIES: Petite Ovals (Spellbinders), Stacking Stars (MFT)
OTHER: Ribbons, Sequins (Michael's), Embossing Powders: White (Hero Arts), Gold Metallic, Gold Matte (Hampton Arts)
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

4 comments:

sherry varga said...

Paula, this card is stunning!!! I love every element of it!

Loly Borda said...

Gorgeous card Paula! I love every detail of it, and I like how you interpreted the sketch and pic. TFS

Nancy M said...

Stunning! I used to be like that but now I like to sometimes mix white and ivory; it can be beautiful, as you showed us!! TFS!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh my word, I am so IN LOVE with your ivory/white/gold combo! So rich! And the netting has the best texture, and goes so well with the rest of your card. Just love it all! So glad you joined the FUSION challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...