Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sharing Some Sunshine

Each month Paper Crafts Connection (the official PC Magazine blog) holds a Gallery Challenge.  The August theme was encouragement cards. Inspired by the July/August issue you were encouraged to use bright, cheery colors, sun rays, rainbows, blue skies... well you get the idea. I've been unpacking my Cameo more during my crafting sessions lately in an effort to really get to know the in-and-outs of it and I used Cameo die cuts for two of the three cards I created here.


Blue Herringbone DSP Summer Splash (MME) • Fishtail Flag Die-Namics (MFT) • Sun Rays and Medallion Dies  (Silhouette Store) • Sentiment - Bring on the Sun Stamp Set  (Technique Tuesday)
 Sentiment - Cheerful Blessings (MFT) • Rays Embossing Folder  (Sizzix/Tim Holtz) •  Bakers Twine (Doodlebug) • Orange Chalk for Distressing (Colorbox)  • Black Brads & Book Page (my stash)

Sun and Sentiment Cuts (Silhouette Store) • Plaid DSP - Grade School Stack (DCVW) • Haberno Ink (Versafine) • So Swirly Jumbo Border (Stampin Up - Retired)

I got my Cameo last Christmas and though, until recently, I haven't used it a lot I'm really pleased and excited with it. One of the main reasons I wanted a Cameo is that it would allow me to import files I created with Adobe Illustrator. Now that I've come up with a workable set-up (I don't have a dedicated craft space and need to unpack and set-up for each session) I expect to use it much more and creating cut files for my personal use is on my list of things to do.

Thanks for visiting and here's hoping there is some sunshine in your day.
Happy Crafting!
signature

2 comments:

Cora said...

I especially
like the plaid sun

Trish said...

Paula, I LOVE my Silhouette! The ease of designing files thrills me! I enjoyed seeing your creations and look for ward to seeing more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...