Saturday, September 28, 2013

All The Glitters is Gold in the Moxie Fab World

“All that glitters is not gold; 
Often have you heard that told..."
William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Well, Shakespeare could be right but not when it comes to the current "All That Glitters is Gold" challenge at the Moxie Fab World blog. The vast majority of my cards go to Operation Write Home and because of the danger it can pose to our military heroes, using glitter and/or anything that might flake off and attach itself to clothing is against the OWH guidelines. I was tempted to just make a non-OWH card and dig out some gold glitter but I came across a gorgeous scrap of ribbon and decided I'd go this route instead.


Photographing metallic elements is so difficult! This a close up that helps show it a bit better. The sentiment is heat embossed in gold.


Like most of you I have a lot of crafting supplies and among them are some metallic embossing powders and some brads, but this challenge made me realize that when it comes to metallic stuff I don't really have all that much, so a little selective shopping may be on my agenda soon. 

Happy Crafting!
signature

P.S. The bit of Shakespeare at the top of my post is misquoted as shown. It really should say 'glisters' instead of glitters. It is commonly mis-quoted and I'm hoping The Bard and any English teacher who reads this finds it in their hearts to forgive me. :)



SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Sentiments (Stampin Up- Retired)
INKS: Versamark & Gold Embossing Powder
PAPER: French Country (Graphics 45), Recollections Solids (Michael's)
DIES/PUNCHES: Large Ovals (Spellbinders) 
OTHER: Ribbon from my Scrap Bag & Gold Brads 
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

3 comments:

Tommi said...

I really like the richness of the card! Very nice

Cindy O said...

Love that ribbon! All the elements are beautiful together.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Paula! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Gitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...