Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Simple Thank You

It's not usual for me to create more than one card for any given challenge and then enter the one I like the best. This is one of those cards. It was one of two that I made for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use fall colors and at least one leaf in your design. The card that won out in my own personal contest and got entered is here.  I'm still not 100% which I like best but I think the white in the other design adds a crisp feel and is what swayed me.

Sentiment is Retired Stampin Up

The leaf in this is an EK Success punch and the leaf/jungle paper is from the DCWV Mat Stack called Safari Chic. When I picked up this pad I wasn't quite sure I'd use it but it was literally a $2 investment so I wasn't risking much. As it turns out I'm finding the papers great for making masculine or gender-neutral designs like this one.

Happy Crafting!
signature

P.S. I'll be taking part in the huge annual OWH World Card Making Day blog Hop on Saturday but  plan to kick-off the festivities tomorrow with a new One Print Card Kit like THIS ONE I created for the OWH Memorial Day Hop.


2 comments:

Kim M said...

This is just lovely, Paula. Love what you did with the leaf. :-)

Carol L said...

That's some serious creativity to use safari paper for a leaf! Who knew it would look so great?! I love this clean & beautiful design Paula, and I'm looking forward to the blog hop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...