Friday, October 18, 2013

Let's Bond - Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

The current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge is a Designer Draft. I have a couple of Paper Smooches stamps sets but it took me a while to figure out which one I could make work for this sketch. The 'sprinkled' stars in this design caught my attention and I thought it could be fun to have this cute mad scientist and his potion spilling all over. I also really like the 'Polaroid' style frame element in the sketch and although I don't have the die I was able to mimic the feel by layering a couple of pieces of paper. It makes a nice frame for any focal point and I could definitely see myself using this sketch again. Creating this took me awhile between the paper piecing on his funky lab coat, the marker coloring on the rest of the image and the accessory pieces of his test tube and the flame but it was a lot of fun and something about this guy just makes me smile.





There's still time, until Sunday to enter the challenge and this sketch is really a fun one. If you don't own any PS stamps yet there are even a bunch of Freebies (generously posted by Kim) which you can use. I liked this sketch so much I may even try to get another card done with it before the challenge ends.


Happy Crafting!
signature



SUPPLIES USED:
STAMPS: Great Chemistry (Paper Smooches)
INK: Onyx Black (Versafine), Wild Cherry (MFT)
PAPER: Chevron-Color Vibe 2 (Simple Stories), Blue Pattern- Bargin Bin Michael's (Studio G), Composition Book (my own digital design)
COLORING: Spectrum Noir Markers - DG2, Dg3, Cg4, TN6, IG1, IG4, Ig7, FS3, FS4, FS8, FS9, IB1, CR8, OR1, CT4
OTHER: Sequins (Darice), Glossy Accents





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the colour scheme in this card Paula. I was looking at your light box for taking photos tutorial and the follow on for cropping and watermarking but couldn't find it. Can you recommend an online watermark site.
Thanks, Rose

Anonymous said...

Love the colour scheme in this card Paula. I was looking at your light box for taking photos tutorial and the follow on for cropping and watermarking but couldn't find it. Can you recommend an online watermark site.
Thanks, Rose

Jenny said...

Hehe... I love his snazzy coat!!! Such a vibrant and colourful card :0) Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week :0)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...