Thursday, October 24, 2013

Some People Strengthen Others - October ODBD Challenge

The OWH Our Daily Bread Design Challenge for October is to use a sentiment as a focal point. In case you missed this post, I'll just say that my love of typography means I am always attracted to letterforms and words which translates to owning quite a lot of sentiment stamps like this one that make great focal points. This one is by Unity Stamp. The background is once again a strategically cut corner of a 12x12 scrapbook paper from the K& Co. Boy Scout paper pad.


Being Kind Stamp (Unity Stamp Co.)


I stamped it Olympia Green (Versafine) ink, layered it on a scrap of green to frame it, finished it off with the copper brads and the 'faux' raffia that I own in a couple of colors and use often when I have a masculine design. While I guess it technically would be ribbon it's not frilly and I find it's good way to add a nice finishing touch to a card. I get mine in the gift wrap aisle at my local Michael's.

If you haven't linked up in the October ODBD you have until the end of the month  and not only can you help earn shipping for two boxes of cards to our heroes but you'll be entered to win a gift certificate in a random drawing too!

Happy Crafting!

signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...