Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Time for Fall

Fall is definitely in the air where I am on the Connecticut coastline but where Operation Write Home deadlines are concerned it's time to start thinking about Valentine's Day cards.

 This past weekend was one of those times when the best laid plans went astray and though I had fully intended to get in some crafting time it didn't happen. I did get to spend time checking out the OWH World Card Making Day Hop which was packed with an amazing 136 stops full of inspiration and ideas.

Since I didn't make any cards this weekend I thought I'd share this one that I had in my files. Most of the cards I've been making for the past couple of months have been for challenges but I also take photos of the other cards I make and this is just one such card.  Though this card does have a leaf on it I think it could probably be used as a masculine thank you at any time of year.

Leaf Punch - EK Success • Sentiment - Stampin Up (Retired)

Lately I've re-discovered my heat embossing supplies and found myself using them much more. I created the gold leaf in this card by punching a heavy piece of paper, coating it in Versamark and then heat embossing it with gold powder. It did take a couple of coats to really get it completely covered but I was pretty happy with the end result.



It may not be tomorrow but I'll be back with my next post soon. In the meanwhile I hope you had a chance to check out at least some of the stops on the hop and if you haven't you can go back at any time. Since the hop style OWH uses is done with direct links there's never any issue with a broken hop link chain.

Happy Crafting
signature


3 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

Beautiful simple layout, very striking with the gold embossing.

Nicole said...

LOVE the gold leaf! I'm going to case this idea for sure.

Linda said...

Stunning...love all the elements! tfs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...