Saturday, April 5, 2008

How it started...


The set of cards shown below were made for a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) listing at the PaperCrafts Magazine website. A lady in Florida , whose son is in the service was "collecting cards" that she would send to her son. He in turn would share them with others, especially with those who received little or no mail from home, which I have come to find out is not as uncommon as one would think. I thought it would be rewarding to participate and so I set out to make some Thank You cards and send them on their way. It took longer to make them then I thought and 16 cards doesn't seem like a lot, but the thought that within a few weeks they'd be in some remote place, in the hands of a service person far from home was remarkable to me. The hardest part was writing the notes for the insides... you think thanking someone for a gift is hard? It really gave me pause to consider the enormity of what these people put on the line each and everyday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...