Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Card Making & Clip Art Images

Here are a few cards from my last shipment in which I've used pre-colored images. While I do sometimes like to color stamped images at other times I just want to "dive-in" to making cards and at those times coloring suddenly feels tedious. Besides, I like to mix it up to keep it interesting and fun from a creative standpoint. I wonder... if creativity becomes a predictable routine (using the sames colors, techniques, layouts over and over again) is it still creative? :)



As a graphic designer I have managed to amass quite a lot of clipart over the years and more recently I have started to view clip art from the card maker's perspective and I have managed to find some great images to use. So if you enjoy making cards but are not inclined to "coloring" it may be something to consider.

Happy Crafting Everyone!
signature

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I feel the exact same way. Sometimes I like to use the clipart as my inspiration pulling the paper colors from what colors are in the clipart instead of the other way of coloring the picture to match. I especially do this with man cards! great job on your pup cards!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...