Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Would You Please Repeat That

Voting is underway for PaperCrafts Round 3 of the Gallery Idol competition. It ends on Thursday and I will know on Friday if I get to compete in the next round. It's been an exciting ride so far and I've been enjoying the challenge immensely but in the meanwhile I'm going to keep my mind occupied and share a few other cards this week.

This card ties right in to the new OWH Bootcamp Class on Repetition. We've already covered quite a few topics but I have to say that of all of them, Creating a Strong Focal Point is by far the most important and Repetition is probably the single easiest way to make your designs cohesive. 



It doesn't have to be at all complicated. As you design your card simply stop and ask yourself 'What elements can I repeat?'. In this card I intentionally chose my papers so they would repeat the colors I used to color in the lighthouse image and I added the white brads to repeat the polka dotted paper pattern. That's all there is to it. Give it a try and I promise you that you will be surprised at the results.

Happy Crafting!
signature



PRODUCTS USED:
STAMPS: Coast to Coast (Stampin Up - Retired)
INK: Onyx Black (Versafine)
PAPER: Green & Grey (Recollections), Polka Dot (Stampin Up Sweet Shop)
OTHER: Flag - Hand/Fussy Cut Tail, White Brads, Prismacolor Art Markers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...