Sunday, August 4, 2013

An Amazing Feat

Over the last couple of weeks I've fallen into a routine of checking out challenges midweek and deciding which I plan to tackle on my crafting day, that will ultimately be set up to post the following week. First up on my list this week is the Hambo Hoedown. I had this fun image in my 'to be colored' box so I decided to check out the current challenge. Short of having to hunt them down adding eyelets would be easy enough. I will confess I had no intention of adding yellow into the design but I had few choices in terms of eyelet colors and ultimately I'm glad I didn't have black or white because I like the accent the bit of yellow adds.



What a fun image! I suspect there are now a couple generations who might look at this and be a little puzzled but I'm old enough to have seen plate spinners and many other old-time acts as a kid. They might not consider it all that entertaining but I suspect that even a youngster witnessing an act like this today would find it pretty amazing.

Not only does Hambo have a lot of fun image and sentiment combos, joining in on the Hambo Hoedown is a great way to get some free digis to add to your collection.

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 

STAMPS: Plate Spinner Digi Set (Hambo Stamps)
DIES: Labels Eighteen (Spellbinders), Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT)
PAPERS: Recollections - Elegance/Prints & Solids (Michael's)
OTHER: Yellow Ribbon (Michael's), Brads (Oriental Trading)
SPECTRUM NOIR MARKERS:
TN7, IG1, IG6, IG8, IG10, DR1. EB1, EB2, BGR1, CR8, CR11, Blender & True Black
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

5 comments:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

you have used one of my favorite images!! and yes I am old enough to remember plate spinners too!! I love your line of eyelets Paula, cute card, thank you so much for joining in the hambo hoedown this week. :)

Linda said...

I just love the eyelets in yellow...they add some zip to a great card!

Dixie Cochran said...

When I saw this card on the OWH FB wall, I smiled, for I remember the plate spinners on the Ed Sullivan Show. The yellow is a good pick for the accent color. Perfect!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card, one should never be too young to not know a plate juggler, love the yellow, really adds more energy to the performer!

byAnnette said...

Congrats on your Hambo "Best in Show" win!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...