Friday, August 9, 2013

Moxie Fab - Birthday Sketch Challenge

I don't ordinarily use sketches very much but the past couple of weeks I've come across a few that I decided to give a whirl and they can be a great starting point if you decide to creatively venture off in your own direction with them or used as a very straightforward recipe when you follow them closely.  I made this card using the sketch from the Moxie Fab World - Birthday Sketch Challenge.






I designed it a vertical format (as shown in the sketch) but it could definitely be turned on it's side and work perfectly too. I'm actually not sure which format I like best. The sketch challenge is just one of five that are part of the Birthday Creations Week  and you have until Monday (August 12th) to join in on the fun.

Opps! I realized after the fact that in addition to using the sketch the parameters of the challenge were to do it using all stamping or no stamping. I could have stamped my flowers instead of using these leftover die-cuts I had on my table. Oh well. I do still really like the sketch. :)

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Birthday Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
INKS: Gumdrop Green, Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
PAPER: Solids (Bazzill), Grid Print - Grade School Stack (DCWV)
DIES: Layered Rose (My Favorite Things)
OTHER: Green Brads
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

4 comments:

Nina Yang said...

lol Sounds like that you had fun with the sketch Paula! Your card is adorable! Love the color combo!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Paula! thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lara said...

The grid could make this a very linear card, but I like how the flourish and flowers make it more whimsical and fun. Great card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...