Sunday, August 11, 2013

Trend Watch: Sheer & Clear

My crafting day was not as productive yesterday as I'd hoped but I did manage to get a card done for the current Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge: Sheer & Clear. 

For this card I used some thick vellum by Neenah. It's the UV Ultra II Translucent Vellum 36lb Cover. It's thick enough that it can be die cut easily and it can even be embossed without cracking much. I'm not sure if it's available in small packs online anywhere or only in reams of 250. Working in a print shop professionally gives me the ability to play with a lot of different stocks including this one.

I'm hoping to do some crafting today too and with any luck I'll be back to share something later and I'll manage to get a few pieces done for the challenges I'm hoping to join in on this week too.

Happy Crafting!
signature

SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Pretty Phrases Paper Smooches)
INKS: Onyx Black (Versafine)
PAPER: Summer Soul (Fancy Pants), UV Ultra II Translucent Vellum 36lb Cover. 
DIES: Blueprints #1 (My Favorite Things)
OTHER: Lime Green Grosgrain Ribbon & Teal Sequins (Michael's)
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

4 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a Neat Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge and I hope you'll play along again next week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

gigi123 said...

This is a cute card! Good Luck on the challenge.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Wow! This is incredible! LOVE the torn edges, the sequins, and the sheer vellum panel! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE this card-- what a gorgeous set of papers and use of vellum! I LOVE everything about this card-- fab detail, use of sequins, that ribbon is lush, and I LOVE those papers! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Trend Watch-- hope you play along with us this week at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...