Monday, October 1, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #140

Here is my interpretation of this week's OWH Sketch. I was actually surprised to find this sketch more of a challenge than I first thought. After playing around with it the designs I was coming up with felt simple but seemed to lack 'something'. Ultimately I used the sketch as a basis and added a few things. 


Printed Papers by K&Co. • StampinUp (Sizzix) Butterfly Die
Doily Die by My Favorite Things
Jute Twine, Jewels & Sentiment from Michael's Crafts Bargain Bin

I think the butterflies and doily die cut add interest without obscuring sketch. The writing on the paper is stamped on to the printed DSP, and though it's a minor addition, sometimes the 'small' things make a big difference.

Happy Crafting Everyone!
signature

4 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous card...the jute is the perfect touch!

Donna Hanley said...

Absolutely love this card The doily and butterflies did add something so nice to the overall card.

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch Paula! Your butterflies and doily are just subtle enough to keep the focus on the sketch design!

Sybrina K said...

Paula,

What a beautiful card -- it's just so pretty! I especially love all the small details and dimensions that you've added that so delicately enhance the sketch and sentiment. You are absolutely right about little things making such a big difference.

Thanks so much for playing along with this week's sketch challenge -- and thanks for all you do for OWH!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...