I used the 24 sheet 6 x 6 pad, 5 sheets of various solids (8.5 x 11), some smaller solid scraps from my scrap bin, a few yards of ribbon, a couple dozen brads and various sentiments including some stamps, some computer generated and some SRM Stickers I had in my stash. I wound up with 31 cards total and little to nothing left over of the prints, just a few tiny scraps.
1) The patterns all work together, no ability to mix-n-match needed.
2) Small patterns look great on cards.
3) Easy to coordinate a few solids, since the same colors repeat throughout the pad.
4) Short list of supplies would make this great for taking with you anywhere.
5) Easy to use up... you don't get bored, easy to have a variety on hand.
6) Small investment if you are new and/or on a limited budget.
I can say without a doubt I will do this again. It is particularly attractive to me because I don't have to unpack all my supplies as I normally would and it's fun and rewarding to see a nice bunch of cards when you're done with the pad.
Happy Crafting Everyone!